We need YOUR support!
YES, signing up to vote will take a few minutes… but it will be well worth it when you’re sitting on the lawn, in the cool fall weather, enjoying a cold beverage at a national outdoor music festival in Chattanooga! Voting ends Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. EST.
CAST YOUR VOTE
- Click SIGN UP TO VOTE and create an account
- After creating account, click “submit” and you will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your account
- Click on the activation link in your confirmation email
- Activation message includes link to log in – do that
- Once logged in, choose “Urban League of Greater Chattanooga” or click View Proposals
- Click on VOTE – at the top right of the page
Be sure to spread the word to friends, families, colleagues, and neighbors to bring a Levitt AMP Music Series to Chattanooga!
#CHAMusic // @chattanoogafun // #LevittAMP
HOW CAN WE GET A LEVITT AMP OUTDOOR MUSIC FESTIVAL?
Chattanooga is in the running to land an annual, 10-week, live-music series in 2017. The Levitt Foundation is offering a matching grant of $25,000 to 15 cities to produce their own Levitt AMP Music Series – an outdoor, free concert series featuring a diverse lineup of professional musicians. Chattanooga hopes to qualify as 1 of the 15 cities competing for the award!
The Levitt Foundation’s goals is to: amplify community pride and a city’s unique character; enrich lives through the power of free, live music; and illustrate the importance of vibrant public places.
The proposed locatino for the Levitt AMP Chattanooga Music Series is the lawn at the Bessie Smith Cultural Center.
WHY THE LAWN AT THE BESSIE SMITH CULTURAL CENTER?
The lawn at the Bessie Smith Cultural Center is located in the historic MLK district. MLK Blvd., formerly known as the “Big Nine,” was once a cultural hub in the Southeast for African American music and entertainment. This music series will reinforce the neighborhood’s unique identity as an entertainment landmark, shining a light on its musical heritage, but also its bright future.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Summer 2016: Chattanooga (via the Urban League of Chattanooga) submitted a grant proposal to receive the Levitt AMP Grant Award to produce a concert series at the lawn of the Bessie Smith Cultural Center and was approved for the initial phase.
- Nov. 1-21, 2016: Online public voting process determines the Top 25 finalists for the Levitt AMP Grant Award
- Dec. 2016: The Levitt Foundation will review the Top 25 proposals and select 15 to receive award
- Jan. 5, 2017: Announcement of 15 selected cities who will receive $25,000 each in matching funds to produce their own Levitt AMP Music Series
- Fall 2017: When we are chosen for the award, the 10-week, free outdoor concert series will be held on the lawn of the Bessie Smith Cultural Center.
The grant proposal is a partnership between: Urban League of Greater Chattanooga, Jazzanooga, City of Chattanooga Office of Multicultural Affairs, Bessie Smith Cultural Center, and the Chattanooga Convention and Visitors Bureau.
See what’s coming up on Chattanooga’s weekly Music & Nightlife calendar.