Chattanooga Track Club 50th Anniversary 50 Minute Kick Off Race
- 640 Morrison Springs Road
- Chattanooga, TN 37415
- Presented By: The Chattanooga Track Club
- Location: Red Bank High School Track
- Time: 9:00 AM to 9:50 AM
- Visit Website
CTC 50TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION KICKOFF RACE – A “RACE WITH A TWIST” (actually… several)
*** IMPORTANT - EVENT IS LIMITED TO 250 PARTICIPANTS, AND YOU MUST REGISTER BY NOVEMBER 1, 2019 TO BE GUARANTEED A MEDAL AND A SHIRT! ***
1. RACE: “THE CTC 50TH ANNIVERSARY 50-MINUTE KICKOFF RACE.” There will only be one like it. Ever.
2. DATE: Saturday morning, January 25, 2020, 9:00 a.m. Start our 50th anniversary year right with a winter party and some frosty fun!
3. Special 50th Anniversary logo shirt and swag to all participants!!
4. As with all of our events, you don’t need to “race,” and walkers are welcome!
5. Costumes are welcome, too! We want to make this a festive winter event! (And if we like yours the best, you might even get a prize!)
6. Unlike a set mileage, this is a CHIP TIMED EVENT which will be officially over when the air-horn goes off at 50 minutes. Why 50 minutes? 50 minutes for 50 years, of course!
7. TWIST #1: The CTC is going back to grass roots and holding this event at the RED BANK HIGH SCHOOL TRACK! But this will be like no track event you’ve ever seen. Everyone will start at once (walkers are limited to the two outside lanes). Each full lap (400 meters or approx. one quarter mile) gets counted and will be treated as one quarter mile. If you have not completed a full lap at 50 minutes when the air horn goes off, that lap will not count.
8. TWIST #2: Go the whole 50 minutes OR STOP ANY TIME before that, but if you are a CTC member each QUARTER MILE you finish counts towards your 2020 year-end mileage for “50 Miles for 50 Years.” If you don’t know yet what “50 Miles for 50 Years in 2020” is, be sure to go to http://www.chattanoogatrackclub.org and click on the “CTC 50th Anniversary” button to find out!
9. TWIST #3: Limited Edition 50th Anniversary medal to ALL who complete at least one quarter mile during 50 minutes. That’s right, you just have to complete a minimum of ONE QUARTER MILE (i.e., one lap) during 50 minutes to earn it. The catch is: although it looks cool by itself, this commemorative finisher’s award is also a unique “multi-piece” medal with a second part that fits into it like a puzzle. You will be awarded the second and final part only if you have accumulated, during the 2020 season, at least 50 miles from CTC RACES ONLY. And ONLY 50-Minute Race participants who are CTC members will be eligible to receive the final piece. "CTC Races" are identified in the list of 2020 races on the CTC website (www.chattanoogatrackclub.org) by either the "running man" icon or the letters "CTC," or both of them together. (For purposes of this adventure, these are ALL "CTC Races" - with two exceptions: the Elementary Cross Country Series and the Waterfront Triathlon. The Elementary Cross Country Series and the Waterfront Triathlon are NOT included here).
10. TWIST #4: If you are a CTC member, you don’t have to do this race to be eligible for your special “50 Miles for 50 Years” finisher's award and jacket at the end of the season! You can do other CTC races! But you DO have to do this race if you want to receive BOTH the first AND FINAL piece of the special commemorative finisher’s medal at the end of the 2020 season.
11. AWARDS TO TOP THREE MALES AND THE TOP THREE FEMALES in each age group (5-year increments) who have completed the most laps in the least amount of time before the clock stops at 50 minutes and the air horn goes off.
12. AWARD TO THE TOP TEAM, in EACH of the following categories, completing the most laps in 50 minutes with the fastest overall time: FEMALE, MALE, and CO-ED. Each team is to be composed of a minimum of four participants, because the award will be based upon the top four scorers - those who complete the most laps in the least amount of time before the clock stops at 50 minutes and the air horn goes off. However, there is no maximum limit to the number of people you may have on your team - have as many as you want! (NOTE: You will register as an individual, but declare a team name and captain. Last day for declaring a team affiliation shall be the last day of online registration, which ends on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.)
13. AWARD TO THE **LARGEST** TEAM STARTING ON THE TRACK. Get your co-workers or your classmates or your family reunion out on the track with you and PAR-TAY!!! (NOTE: You will register as an individual, but declare a team name and captain. Last day for declaring a team affiliation shall be the last day of online registration, which ends on Wednesday, January 22, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.)
14. INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FEES:
$25 by November 1, 2019
$30 by January 4, 2020 to be guaranteed a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirt
$30 from January 5 through January 22 (Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirt not guaranteed after January 4)
$40 day of race (Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirt not guaranteed after January 4)
15. ENTRY FEES FOR FAMILIES WITH A CTC FAMILY MEMBERSHP:
$60 by November 1, 2019
$70 by January 4, 2020 to be guaranteed Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirts.
$70 from January 5 through January 22 (Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirts not guaranteed after January 4)
$80 day of race (Limited Edition 50th Anniversary logo shirts not guaranteed after January 4)
To obtain a CTC family membership, go to: https://www.chattanoogatrackclub.org/newMembership.cfm?contentId=app_1
16. *** ONLINE REGISTRATION ENDS ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2020, AT 10:00 P.M. ***
17. PACKET PICKUP AND REGISTRATION Friday, January 24, 2020 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Downtown YMCA, located at 301 W. 6th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402.
18. PACKET PICKUP AND REGISTRATION at the Red Bank High School track on race morning, January 25, 2020, from 7:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m.
19. ****LIMITED TO 250 PARTICIPANTS ****, so sign up today! You don’t want to miss this “Special Edition” CTC 20th Anniversary Kickoff Race!!!
20. *** IMPORTANT *** You must register by November 1, 2019 to be guaranteed a medal and a shirt!!
21. For more information, contact: email@example.com
22. To become a Friend of the CTC's 50th Anniversary, click here: https://fundly.com/friend-of-the-ctc-s-50th-anniversary