The trip lasts approximately 6-1/4 hours and includes a 1-1/4 hour layover in Chickamauga, and a half-hour layover at Wilder Tower Monument in Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park during the return trip to Chattanooga. Grand Junction departure time is 10:00 a.m.; return is approximately 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday Jun 22, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2vxdcT7
- Saturday Jun 29, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2GUXGHp
- Saturday Jul 27, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2ZLsu4L
- Saturday Aug 10, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2vuCmSD
- Saturday Aug 24, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2GSrWCy
- Saturday Aug 31, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2ZLsBgH
- Saturday Sep 7, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2ZLsDFl
- Saturday Sep 21, 2019 10:00 AM - https://bit.ly/2ZLsFNt
Layover time allows passengers to stroll through the quaint downtown area, visit the Chickamauga Depot which houses a regional history museum, or walk a block or two to view the Civil War-era Gordon-Lee Mansion and Crawfish Springs City Park. Watch out for the Civil War cannons that stand guard over the main intersection in town!
A tour guide usually rides aboard the train to point out areas of interest and relay interesting historical information.