Ongoing Events in Chattanooga
There’s always something to do in Chattanooga. In addition to special events listed on our events calendar, these attractions are open daily and offer special tours, exhibits, events, and more. Be sure to check their individual websites for more information before booking your visit. All hours are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
- Chattanooga Market: Held at First Tennessee Pavilion. Open April-November, Sundays, 11 a.m.-4 pm. Annual special events: Strawberry Festival (May); Beast Feast BBQ Festival (June); Ice Cream Social (July); Five Star Food Fight (Aug.); Cast Iron Cook Off (Sept.); CultureFest (Oct.); Oktoberfest (2 days, Oct.); Thanksgiving Market (Nov.)
- Chattanooga Zoo at Warner Park: Open daily 9 a.m.--5pm, except Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s Days. Up-Close Encounters guided tours; April-November, Sat. & Sun. only, 90 minutes, additional charge after regular Zoo admission. Camel Rides: Year-round, Sat. & Sun. only, weather permitting, additional charge after regular Zoo admission. Annual special events: Wild at Heart (February); Spring Break Safari (March-April); Run Wild (April); Spirits in the Wild (May); Q & Brew (July); Banana Ball (Oct.); Boo in the Zoo (Oct.); Holiday Lights (Dec.)
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway: Open daily, times vary throughout the year, closed Thanksgiving & Christmas Days.
- Rock City Gardens: Open daily, times vary throughout year, closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. Annual special events: Shamrock City (March); Spring Break Safari (April); EarthDayz (April); Southern Blooms Festival (May); Summer Music Weekends (Memorial Day-Labor Day); Rock City Raptors Birds of Prey Show (Memorial Day-Labor Day); Enchanted Maze (Sept.-Oct.); Rocktoberfest (Oct.); Enchanted Garden of Lights (Nov.-Jan.)
- Ruby Falls: Regular tours of Ruby Falls: Daily 8 am-8 pm, except Christmas Day. Lantern Tours: Friday nights, February.-mid Sept. and Nov. Not available in Jan., Oct. & Dec. Annual special events: Romance at Ruby (Feb.); Spring Break Safari (March-April); Foto at the Falls (Spring & Summer); Ice Cream Days (June); Football at the Falls (Sept.); Haunted Cavern (Oct.); Christmas Underground (Dec.); Discovery Day (Dec.)
- Tennessee Aquarium: Open daily 10 am-6 pm, except Thanksgiving & Christmas Days. Backstage Pass VIP Guided Tour: Daily, additional charge after regular Aquarium admission. Daily programming includes: Penguin Keeper Talks, Delta Bird Program, Meet the Macaws, Otter Enrichment, SCUBA Secret Reef Dive Shows, Alligator Program, Otter Keeper Talks, Tropical Cove Bird Program, Swamped with Turtles, and Butterfly Releases. Annual special events: Spring Break Safari (March-April); Shark Fest (Aug); Serve & Protect Sustainable Seafood events (Sept.); Aqua-Scarium Family Halloween Party (Oct.); Holidays Under the Peaks (Nov.-Jan.)
- Tennessee Aquarium’s IMAX 3D Theater: 3D Movies shown daily on giant, six-story screen (Except Thanksgiving & Christmas Days.)
- Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum: Train trips daily, except Thanksgiving & Christmas Days. Annual special events: Valentine Dinner Train (Feb.); Spring Break Safari (March-April); Day Out With Thomas (April-May); Dinner on the Diner (Apr.-Nov.); Railfest (Sept.); 21st Century Steam (Sept.-Oct.); Summerville Steam Special (Oct.-Nov.); Eerie Express (Oct.); Summerville Steam Special (Nov.-Dec.); North Pole Limited (Nov.-Dec.); Christmas Special Dinner Trains (Dec.)
TOURS (LAND & BOAT)
- Chattanooga Ducks: City & river tour dates & times vary. Check website for specific schedule.
- Chattanooga Cycleboats: Cycle our 14 person vessel and get a unique river’s perspective of Chattanooga’s architecture and landscape.
- Chattanooga Ghost Tours, Inc.: Ghost tour dates & times vary. Check website for specific schedule.
- Chattanooga Sidewalk Tours, Inc.: Walking tour dates & times vary. Check website for specific schedule.
- Southeastern Adventure Tours: Tours 8 am and 2 pm. Check website for specific schedule.
- Southern Belle Riverboat: Lunch, Dinner and Sightseeing Cruises vary by date and time. Check website for specific schedule.
OUTDOOR & SPORTS FUN
- Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center: Hours: Summer hours (Mar.-Nov.): Mon.-Sat., 9am-5pm/Sun. 1-5pm/Winter hours (Nov.-Mar.): Closed Mon.-Fri./Sat. 9:30am-4pm/Sun. 12:30-4pm. Last time to drive through driving loop is 4:30pm. Gates close at 5pm. Closed major holidays. Self-guided canoe tours on Lookout Creek require reservations and an orientation. Orientation offered Sat. at 10 am, 12 pm and 1:30 pm; Sun. at 1:30 pm. Canoe check-out is 9 am-3 pm and is limited to two hours. Special events happen year-round. Check website for events calendar.
- Chattanooga Lookouts AT&T Field: Chattanooga Lookouts games run from early April through the first of September. Check website for specific schedule.
- Antique Carousel & Interactive Water Fountains, Coolidge Park: Antique Carousel: Open daily for rides. Summer hours: Mon.-Sat., 11 am-6:30 pm/Sun., 1-6:30 pm. Winter hours: Mon.-Thurs., 3-6 pm/Fri. & Sat., 11 am-6 pm/Sun., 1-6 pm. Interactive Water Fountains: Open daily Memorial Day-Labor Day, 7 days a week, 8am-10pm
- Lake Winnie Amusement & SoakYa! Waterpark: Dates of operation vary (Apr.-Oct.).
- Ocoee River Rafting: Rafting trips run May-Oct. and vary by partner. Check each website for specific rafting schedules.
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns & Campground: Crystal Palace Tour & Wild Cave Expeditions are offered Sun.-Fri., 9am-6pm; Sat., 9am-7pm. The last cave tour departs one hour before scheduled closing time.
- The Passage: The Passage is open daily. The water is turned on Apr.-Oct., weather permitting.
- Walnut Wall, Coolidge Park: Climbing hours vary by season. Check website for specific schedule.
- ZIPStream Aerial Adventure: Adventures & Zipline hours vary by season. Check website for specific schedule.
- High Point Climbing and Fitness: Hours: Sun. 10am- 8pm/Mon., Wed. & Fri., 6am-10pm/Tues., Thurs. & Sat. 10am-10pm/Special hours Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day. Closed Christmas Day.
- Georgia Winery: Winery Tours: Saturdays, 1:30pm, 2:30pm and 3:30pm. Wine Tastings: Mon.-Sat., 10am-6pm
- Chattanooga Whiskey Experimental Distillery: Distillery Hours: Sun. 12-7pm/Mon.-Thurs. 11am-9pm/Fri.-Sat. 11am-11pm. Industry Night: Mon. 3-8pm (half-priced tours). Local’s Night: Wed. 3-8pm (half-priced tours)
- Eat, Sip, Walk Chattanooga: Tours vary by date.
- Bessie Smith Cultural Center: Museum Hours: Mon.-Fri., 10am-5pm/Sat. 12-4pm/Closed on Sun. Exhibits change throughout the year. Check website for the most up-to-date information.
- Creative Discovery Museum: Museum Hours: Mon.-Sat. 10am-5pm/Sun. 12-5pm/Closed certain Wednesdays throughout year. Exhibits change throughout the year. Check website for the most up-to-date information. Annual special events: Red, White & Blue Days (July); Honey Harvest (July); Chocolate Festival (Sept.); Chemistry Fun Day (Oct.); Preschool Adventure Days; Snow Day (Nov.); New Year’s at Noon (Dec.); Chinese New Year (Feb.)
- Houston Museum of Decorative Arts: Museum Hours: Wed.-Sat., 12-4pm, 1st Sunday every month, 12-4pm/Additional days by appointment. New pieces are rotated into the exhibit regularly
- Hunter Museum of American Art: Museum Hours: Mon., Tues., Fri. & Sat. 10am-5pm/Wed. & Sun. 12-5pm/Thurs. 10am-8pm. Exhibits change throughout the year. Check website for the most up-to-date information.
- International Towing and Recovery Museum, Inc.: Summer hours (Mar.-Oct.): Mon.-Sat., 9am-5pm/Sun., 11am-5pm; Winter hours (Nov.-Feb.): Mon.-Sat., 10am-4:30pm/Sun., 11am-5pm/Closed major holidays. New items are added throughout the year. Check website for the most up-to-date information.
Songbirds Guitar Museum: Hours 10am-6pm. It is a guitar-oriented, pop culture museum experience for the whole family. Explore its collection of rare, vintage guitars like no other on Earth. Experience American history and the evolution of the guitar from the 1920's through the 1970's through Songbirds Guitars extensive anthology of permanent and revolving exhibits on the campus of the world-famous Chattanooga Choo Choo.
- Chattanooga Theatre Centre: Performances vary by date and time. Check website for specific entertainment schedule.
- Comedy Catch and Giggles Grill, Chattanooga Choo Choo: Entertainment dates and times vary. Check website for specific entertainment schedule.
- Nightfall Music Series (Fridays): Held at Miller Plaza downtown. Fridays, May-August, Opening act starts at 7pm, Main act starts at 8pm
- Revelry Room, Chattanooga Choo Choo: Live music dates and times vary. Check website for specific artist schedule.
- Riverfront Nights Music Series (Saturdays): Held on the Chattanooga Riverfront. Saturdays, Aug.-Sept., 7pm. Check website for specific artists and schedule.
- Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Auditorium: Live music dates and times vary. Check website for specific artist schedule.
- Tivoli Theater: Live music dates and times vary. Check website for specific artist schedule.
- The Palms at Hamilton Place: Live music daily, starting at 7pm and DJ special nights starting at 9pm. Check website for specific schedule.
- Track 29, Chattanooga Choo Choo: Live music dates and times vary. Check website for specific artist schedule.
- Battles for Chattanooga: Summer hours: Daily, 9am-6pm/Winter hours: Daily 10am-5pm. Interactive/Visual map presentation of the Battle for Chattanooga: Runs every 30 minutes during regular business hours
- Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater: Dinner shows: Open year-round, call for scheduled shows. Holiday Special: From Nov.-Dec., enjoy a special “1864 Tennessee Christmas” show focusing on period holiday traditions and beliefs as well as great food, music, Victorian decorations, period treats and beverages.
- Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park: Lookout Mountain Battlefield Visitor Center Hours: 8:30am- 5pm. Point Park (Lookout Mountain) Hours: Year-round, 8:30 am-Sunset. Cravens House (Lookout Mountain) Tours: Sat. & Sun. 1-4:30pm during the summer.Chickamauga Battlefield Visitor Center Hours: 8:30am-5pmSpecial ranger-led events including artillery demonstrations, reenactments, bike rides are more are planned continuously throughout the year. Check website for specific events calendar.
For special events happening in Chattanooga, visit the Events Calendar.