Spring Break Safari: Art Explorer
What if you could. . .
. . .be an art explorer at the Hunter Museum of American Art? Explore the stories of America from the colonial era to present day in the Museum’s three distinct buildings.
Be an art explorer at the Hunter Museum, a great place for families to play, discover, and learn together. Stroll through the Museum’s turn-of-the-century mansion, cruise through the groovy 1970s building, and enjoy amazing views of the Tennessee River from the futuristic contemporary building.
As you explore through the Hunter galleries, families will find more than just great art. They’ll also catch glimpses of important people, places and events in America’s history—like an imposing portrait of George Washington, Andy Warhol’s pop art representation of Jacqueline Kennedy, or works by Winslow Homer and Grandma Moses.
- Dates available: Friday, March 10 - Sunday, April 9, 2017.
- Free Spring Break Guide - available at ticketing.
- Museum admission.
- Compass and mini magnifying glass.
- Hours: Mon., Tues., Fri., Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Wed. and Sun., Noon-5p.m.; Thurs., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Cost: $15 per adult; free for members and children 17 and under.