Spring Break Safari: Artisanal Adventurer
What if you could. . .
. . .be an artisanal adventurer in the Bluff View Art District? Discover the District on your own artistic adventure…a scavenger hunt designed specifically for your age group that will guide you through a world of art and exploration!
Be an artisanal adventurer and explore the Bluff View Art District’s nooks and crannies. Learn about the arts, architecture, gardening and cooking techniques that make up the District. Pick up your “Artisanal Adventurer Map” at Rembrandt’s Coffee House, and once you’ve solved the scavenger hunt’s mysteries, return to Rembrandt’s for your sweet reward (for children 12 and under).
Go on a fine art quest scavenger hunt that takes your mind on an advanced visual adventure. Solve five challenging riddles while exploring the whole Bluff View Art District. Once you have all five answers, return to River Gallery for a prize (for children 12 and up).
Find out what it’s like to be a starving artist. Grab your “Artist Notebook” at Bluff View Bakery and head out to River Gallery Sculpture Garden. Write about or draw the kind of meal the sculptor would use to inspire their work. Does the bent metal of Frank Stella’s “Borsippa” bring about dreams of spaghetti and meatballs? Feed your imagination with this adventure combining food and art (for all ages)!
- Dates available: Friday, March 10 - Sunday, April 9, 2017.
- Free Spring Break Safari Guide & Artisanal Adventure Map – available at Rembrandt’s Coffee House. Free Starving Artist Notebook – available at Bluff View Bakery
- Artisanal Adventurer & Fine Art Quest: Mon.-Sat., Noon-5 p.m. & Sun., 1-5 p.m.
- Starving Artist: Bluff View Bakery hours-daily, Noon-5 p.m. & River Gallery hours-Mon.-Sat., 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sun., 1-5 p.m.
- Cost: Free.
- Extra: Participants receive a coupon for 10% off at Rembrandt’s Coffee House, Tony’s Pasta Shop & Trattoria, Back Inn Café, Bluff View Bakery, River Gallery and Bluff View Inn.