Spring Break Safari: Conductor
What if you could. . .
. . .be a conductor aboard a train at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum? Grab your engineer’s cap and be an imaginary conductor for the day! Jump aboard the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum’s locomotive train and travel along Missionary Ridge.
Grab your engineer’s cap and be a conductor aboard a vintage train. You’ll experience one of the original rail lines into Chattanooga; witness two unique methods of turning a train around: the better known turntable, and the wye (think of doing a three-point turn with your car and you’re close); and ride through the Missionary Ridge Tunnel, especially noted for its uniqueness as a horseshoe tunnel.
Missionary Ridge Local trains run daily mid-March through October and weekends only in November. Additional services offered throughout the year include Chickamauga Turn trains to Chickamauga, Georgia on summer weekends, Dixie Land Special excursions into northwest Georgia, and North Pole Limited trains during the holidays. Grand Junction Station is located near I-75, Exit 4 at the Jersey Pike exit from Highway 153.
- Free Spring Break Safari Guide – available at ticketing.
- 50-55 minute train ride on the Missionary Ridge Local trip ONLY.
- Guided tour of East Chattanooga equipment repair/restoration facility.
- Watch the turntable demonstration.
- Children get a free admission (when accompanied by a paying adult, limit one free ticket per family) to ride a Missionary Ridge Local train when they show the Spring Break Safari Guide.
- Schedule: Train schedule available on website.
- Cost: $17 for adults; $11 for children ages 3-12; Free for children under 2 years old.