Spring Break Safari: Inventor
What if you could. . .
. . .be an inventor at the Creative Discovery Museum? Science comes to life with numerous hands-on experiences in the all-new Make It Gallery.
Children can be inventors and make science come to life with numerous hands-on experiences. In the new Make It Gallery, kids can create new things using tools from hammers and saws to sewing machines and electronics. Some of the guided projects held in Make It include woodworking, sewing, construction, electronics and upcycling. Also located in the space are pre-programmed magnetic blocks that make assembling a robot simple.
The Creative Discovery Museum also includes many interactive permanent exhibits including RiverPlay, Little Yellow House, Visual & Performing Arts galleries, Excavation Station, Corner Clinic, Make It Gallery, Buzz Alley & Bee Garden, Rooftop Fun Factory, Lookout Tower, Culinary Corner and much more.
- Dates available: Friday, March 10 - April 9, 2017.
- A Free Spring Break Safari Guide - available at ticketing.
- Access to all the permanent exhibits.
- Access to the temporary exhibit Kings, Queens & Castles ( Jan. 14 - May 14, 2017).
- Hours: Daily, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Cost: $13.95 per person ages 2 and up (includes admission to the Museum).
- Groups: Reservations requested. Call 423-648-6045, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. to book advance registration.