Spring Break Safari: RockQuest Adventurer
What if you could. . .
. . . be an adventurer like Indiana Jones on a RockQuest scavenger hunt at Rock City Gardens, high atop Lookout Mountain? The Enchanted Trail leads you to view more than 400 varieties of native plants and flowers. You’ll trek through massive rock formations formed thousands of years ago and have the chance to dig for your very own geode - and then break it open to find the crystal treasure inside!
Your RockQuest Guide will help you look for clues to many of the geological wonders at Rock City. You’ll journey along the Enchanted Trail where you can dig for your very own geode, see 7 states from Lover’s Leap and spot a gnome or two. Rock City Gardens is a true marvel of nature featuring ancient rock formations and panoramic views 1,700 feet above sea level. The self-guided tour along the Enchanted Trail takes you through some of the south’s most spectacular natural scenery where you’ll learn about sedimentary rocks, minerals, crystals and the forces of nature that created this unique attraction.
Geology doesn’t get more exciting than this!
- Dates available: Friday, March 9-Sunday, April 8, 2018.
- Free Spring Break Safari Guide: Available at ticketing.
- RockQuest Guide: Available at ticketing.
- Geode Dig activity: Available at Prospector’s Point.
- Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., self-guided tour, takes about 2 hours.
- Cost: RockQuest Adventure package for child, $21.95; $19.95 per adult (includes admission to Rock City Gardens). Adults may add $10 to ticket price to receive RockQuest package items.
Go on a scavenger hunt at Rock City Gardens!