Spring Break Safari: Zookeeper
What if you could. . .
. . .be a zookeeper at the Chattanooga Zoo? Observe some of nature’s wildest creatures from all over the world right here at the Chattanooga Zoo.
Become a zookeeper and observe some of nature’s wildest creatures from all over the world. As you travel abroad, you’ll encounter chimpanzees, red pandas, snow leopards, jaguars, reptiles, a camel and many more animals in their naturalistic habitats. You’ll also get the chance to get “up close and personal” during animal encounters with some of the Zoo’s wildest residents. Learn about the animal habitats and how to care for their nutritional and enrichment needs.
Explore even more exotic animals in one of the behind-the-scenes programs that offer hands-on experiences. The WILD Encounter program is offered six days a week with many different animals including red pandas and spider monkeys. Pricing varies per animal encounter. The Zookeeper for a Day program is available the first and third Saturday of each month, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. This experience includes real zookeeper work experience. Price is $200 for Zoo members and $250 for non-members. Reservations are required for both programs.
- Dates available: Friday, March 10 - Sunday, April 9, 2017.
- Free Spring Break Safari Guide – available at ticketing.
- All Zoo guests who show their Spring Break Safari Guide will receive
- $1 off Zoo admission.
- Zoo map for your excursion navigation.
- Daily Keeper Chats: Join real zookeepers to learn about the Zoo’s animals, how we care for them, and save them in the wild. Offered multiple times a day, schedules are listed online and will be posted daily in the Zoo Gift Shop. Animal Adventure Shows: Learn about the different animals in all the regions of the world, and how you can help those animals in need; 2 p.m. every Sat. & Sun.
- Hours: Daily, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Regular Zoo admission price: $9.95 for adults; $6.95 for children ages 3-15; Free for children under 2 years old.